Persons interested in the Center should inquire at 1660 South Beretania Street, Honolulu, HI 96826 Telephone (808) 983-5910 / Fax (808) 983-3827, during office hours Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., except recognized holidays.
The applicant and/or family will be fully informed about the Center's activities, objectives, expectations, limitations and costs. They will be given an opportunity to inspect the facility and make inquiries.
To apply for acceptance into the Center, the following information and forms must be submitted:
1. Application form -Click Here to Download
2. A written order from a physician specifying therapeutic procedures or programs to be carried out at the Center.
3. Physical examination report -Click Here to Download
4. Assessment completed by the Program Director
5. Authorization for Health Information -AES Consent to Disclose
AES Participant Consent
6. Diet Order Request -Click Here to Download
7. Non-refundable $50 registration fee
Following submission of the above, an appointment for an interview and further evaluation will be scheduled to include the Program Director, the applicant and family members or caregivers. The personal interview is conducted to secure pertinent information on the applicant’s overall behavior as well as to acquaint the applicant and family about the center’s program, policies and administration.
An applicant is then accepted into the program and entered into a specific level of care. A multidisciplinary team meets to determine the level of care a client will enter into.
If the multidisciplinary team determines our program is no longer suitable for the needs of the client, we will assist you in finding a more suitable setting.