Kilohana Adult Day Care Program provides adult day care in a gracious and compassionate environment to nurture the spiritual, physical and social needs of each client.
Kilohana Adult Day Care Program is guided by a vision that calls for it to provide, to the extent reasonably possible, adult day care in a nurturing atmosphere to church members and to members of the community.
Kilohana Adult Day Care Program believes that in all we do in life and at the Program, we should:
• Be humble
• Be understanding
• Be gentle
• Be just
• Be merciful
• Be honest
• Be peaceful
• Be faithful
Kilohana Adult Day Care Program provides adult day care services in a caring, safe and secure environment that utilizes the skills of trained and experienced staff. The philosophy and objectives of the Day Care Program are:
• In the spirit and long standing tradition of Kilohana United Methodist Church’s Christian care and outreach, to nurture the spiritual, cognitive, socio-emotional and physical well being of those adult individuals whom we are able to accommodate in an Adult Day Care Program in consonance with the State of Hawaii’s Administrative Rules for Adult Day Care Centers.
• To provide relief from the demands of constant caregiving; to refresh and rejuvenate the caregiver enabling continuation of in-home care of an adult person and to provide respite services.
• To enable the day care client to develop relationships outside the family in a socially stimulating setting; to reintroduce clients or allow them time to adjust to group interaction.
• To maximize the client’s functioning and well being; to lessen, delay or prevent functional regression.
• To offer high quality, professional care services in a secure and comfortable environment to Day Care program clients.