• Income tax savings by way of the charitable deduction using the value of the gift
• Avoidance of the capital gains tax by contributing certain kinds of property that has increased in value over time
• Life income - for a donor and/or other beneficiaries through deferred, life-income plans
• Potentially greater spendable income using certain arrangements
• Elimination of the federal estate tax on the value of the gift which passes to charity upon the gift giver’s death
• Reduced estate settlement costs
In order to fully develop the benefits of charitable giving and estate planning for you and The Foundation, please do consult your professional advisors as you consider charitable planned giving opportunities. In this regard, Arcadia works closely with First Hawaiian Bank which offers excellent Financial Planning Services.