1. How is Arcadia Home Health Services (AHHS) related to Arcadia Retirement Residence?
AHHS is a non-profit organization that is part of the “Arcadia” family of not-for-profit organizations. AHHS benefits from Arcadia Retirement Residence’s history and experience of serving seniors for over 40 years.
2. Do I need to have a doctor’s order to receive your services?
No. However, if you want Companion, Personal Care, Limited Health Care, or Transportation and Escort Services, or Home Spa Services, a Health and Physical Form must be completed by your doctor prior to your initial assessment.
3. Are there a minimum number of hours of services that I can order?
Yes. There is a 2 hour minimum, seven days a week, for Companion, Homemaker, Personal Care, Limited Health Care, and Transportation and Escort services. For housekeeping services there is a 2 hour minimum Monday - Friday.
4. What if I just need home delivered meals?
In order to receive home deliverd meals, you need to sign up for one of the other services listed above.
5. Can I order both lunch and dinner on any given day?
Yes, there is no restriction on the number of meals ordered in a day for seniors in the household. Meals can be ordered 24 hours in advance. You may select meals from the monthly menu that is provided.
6. Will AHHS assist me with meal preparation in the home?
Yes, light meals can be prepared by the CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) as a part of Personal Care Services. In addition, AHHS can provide assistance with grocery shopping with advanced notice.
7. What are Limited Health Care Services?
Limited Health Care includes monitoring of vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, and medication reminders). Your CNA can also assist you with range of motion exercises.
8. What are Escort Services?
A CNA may accompany you to a doctor’s appointment or during any outing away from your home. With advanced notice of your appointment, the CNA will assist with making transportation arrangements by taxi or a wheel chair accessible transportation agency, if needed.
9. Who provides the direct care when I receive services such as Companion, Personal Care, Limited Health Care or Transportation and Escort Services?
After you have been assessed, all care is rendered by a CNA. All CNAs are licensed in the State of Hawaii, have undergone background checks, have TB clearance, and are CPR certified.
10. Can long term care insurance pay for any of the service provided by AHHS?
You will need to consult with your long term care insurance carrier to determine if any of the services provided by AHHS are covered by your policy. AHHS was licensed by the State Department of Health in June, 2007.
11. How will I be billed for services received?
You will receive a monthly bill shortly after the end of the month in which services were received. Payment is due upon receipt.
For more information about Arcadia Home Health Services or a free consultation, please call us at (808) 983-5900. Thank you.