Arcadia is Hawaii's oldest pre-eminent continuing care retirement community (CCRC). Arcadia offers a lifetime residency with a continuum of care that begins with independent living in one's apartment with access to health care services, food, personal assistance, if requested, security, maintenance, maid and linen services, and, along the continuum, if needed, assisted living, skilled long term care and special care for those who develop Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
As part of Arcadia’s continuum of care, Arcadia is a licensed provider for Assisted Living Services. Each apartment in Arcadia is licensed so that, if needed, Arcadia can provide Assisted Living Services.
Examples of services which can be provided to residents in the Assisted Living Program in their apartments include, but are not limited to:
• 24-hour on-site medical assistance for on-call needs of the residents and availability of a licensed professional nurse for emergency medical management;
• Three meals a day selected from the menu; served in apartment, health care dining room, or main facility dining room.
• The availability of daily snacks;
• 24-hour emergency call system;
• Assistance with self-managed incontinence;
• Short-term or periodic assistance with treatments;
• Medication supervision or administration;
• Assistance in scheduling transportation for medical and social appointments;
• Availability of social, cultural, recreational and group activities organized and supervised by qualified Activity Department personnel;
• Availability of a Registered Dietician;
• Access to services such as Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Dental Services, Podiatry Services, Ophthalmology Services, Audiology Services, Pharmaceutical Services, Special Services, Social Services, Health & Wellness Services, and daily activities;
• Availability of tray service delivery;
• Assistance in scheduling visits with in-house services and consultants (residents are responsible for payment);
• Maintenance of your health care records.
• Because these options are incorporated into Arcadia’s continuum of care, we are able to provide them at well below competitive market rates.
• We have a dedicated, caring staff who works closely with residents and their families to provide the amount of care and support necessary for maximum independence, comfort and safety.
• Whether you need emergency care, or just a check on your weight or blood pressure, the staff is always prepared to assist you.
The third major level of care in the continuum of care is Skilled Nursing and Intermediate Care (also referred to as Long Term Care), and Special Care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Some residents may never need Long Term Care, or Assisted Living. Some may only need Assisted Living. Others may go through the entire continuum, and some may go from Independent Living directly to Long Term Care. Every person is special and different.
Arcadia has an 81 bed licensed nursing facility that is Medicare certified. It is located on our second and third floors. Skilled nursing and related nursing services are provided to residents whose primary need is for skilled nursing care, intermediate nursing care and special care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia.